Nursery

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Nursery
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 04:57 pm:

As usual for a Saturday, we took the TT to breakfast this morning. Afterwards, we made a couple of stops including the local nursery. My wife wanted to buy some trees. We picked out the ones she wanted and as we're loading them on the truck, the lady was giving us the usual instructions for planting, watering and fertilizing. She finished up with a word of caution, "Don't go too fast on the way home. You'll burn the buds."

I assured her that wouldn't be a problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 07:30 pm:

AAHAHAAA! That is a hoot.Dont burn the budz!
At 18 mph aint nothing going to burn but your nose from the cold wind!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 01:55 am:

Did you tell her the truth, or just thank her and go on your way? Man, I can't wait for warmer weather so I can blow some minds around town like some of the fellas posting on here picking up stuff in their TT's. I wanna grow about 5 days beard, put on my ragged overalls and a straw hat and see how many folks feel sorry fer me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott owens on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 03:54 am:

I use my 1925 C CAB for all my heavy hauling. I went to the local building supply store and loaded over 2500 lbs of blocks, cement, rebar and lumber. The store owner said I couldnt haul that kind of weight. So as I left I started out in low and shifted three times on the way out of his yard. His yard man just laughed at him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 11:06 am:

Ray, I wonder how many old TT's were used in the back woods to haul supplies to the "still"? :-)...Michael Pawelek

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 11:43 am:

Michael / Kentucky Ray:
I hear that up in Kentucky they're still (no pun intended) put'n out some agreeable corn squeeze?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 12:25 pm:

Mornin' Guys on a soggy,cold,So.Cal mtn. Sunday...I used to compete in chilie cook-offs and we had to constuct"sum-kind of booth"We loaded the TT dump truck up with 2x4s,awning,table ,a couple ice chests,old rusty pots&pans,old signs,and a coleman stove....When we got there we got out the tools,and nailed together a booth around the Truck,set-up the table and stove.....littered the area with all the old antique stuff and we were ready for the "compitition"as they say....Our secret was we Grilled 4 BIG T-Bone steaks and toward the end we cut them in small cubes and tossed em' into the pot with rest of the brew.....The name we gave it our concoction(sp)????"T-BONE CHILLIE"..........No we never won,,,,but we had FUN....We looked like the Grapes a Wrath headin' home with everything thrown back into the ol TT Carl aka Spanky

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration