Chapter Meeting Program Ideas?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Chapter Meeting Program Ideas?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 09:01 pm:

Our Tin Lizzies of Albuquerque, President Vaughn Rockafellow, (he insists he is not related to the Standard Oil family) wanted me to ask for meeting program ideas. We like our programs to last about 15 minutes.

Any and all comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kirk Peterson
Santa Fe, NM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 09:54 pm:

15 minutes! It takes longer than that to get most of our members out of their cars. You can always do "show and tells' Have different ones bring odd or unusual parts/accesories to talk about. One of our most popular meetings is our "silent auction" which brings in a lot of funds for the club each year. Guys bring Model T parts and the gals bring baked goods. We auction them for funds for our club Christmas party each year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 07:32 pm:

Jack
Thanks for your suggestions. Hopefully, you are all recovered from your surgery a while back.

John
Thanks for your email.

Kirk Peterson
Santa Fe, NM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 08:29 pm:

Kirk,yes I am. Unfortunally it did little for my disposition ,but I'm so darned onery,nobody notices to much. I'm planning on going to Chicasha,hope to see a bunch of the guys there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William E. Harris on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 10:30 pm:

Kirk, don't forget your club members. Some of your own members will have excellent programs. Also try other hobby clubs--Model As---model railroad persons etc.

Bill Harris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 10:49 pm:

Gee wiz,15 minutes? that aint much time.What would a program consist of?Demonstrations or a speech type thing?

Oh Lordy,I hope they dont git the idea in the Tarheel T's for everybody to start giveing speechs!!!!!!!!!! :<0 If you want a mental picture of me giveing a public speech,just watch the town meeting segment of Blazing Saddles when the old mountian man stands up and "speaks" in Genuine Frontier Gibberish.

I do know what gatherings i attend in the local chapter,the tech sessions are the 1's I about break my fool neck trying to get to so I can learn something.
15 minutes,that is about how long a plate of cookies last at our gatherings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Cullen on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 10:49 am:

"Gabby Johnson Cole" has a nice ring to it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel Leipold on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 06:22 pm:

An interesting subject is model years, serial numbers and casting dates - and the relationship between them. Model years differ from calendar years. Casting dates vary greatly in relation to serial numbers and model years. Styles over lap model years ( an example are the 1914 style open Model Ts that were made and sold during the "1915 model year." Have members bring the serial number and casting date (and model year if orignal engine). Makes for a lively meeting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 07:32 pm:

Darel
Thanks, and it would help improve our knowledge of the Model T. I enjoy the story and pictures of your 1910.

"Somebody go back and get a "car" load of engine blocks" (Slim Pickens at the toll gate in BS)

Kirk Peterson
Santa Fe, NM

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration