Disc Brakes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Disc Brakes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 11:43 pm:

Have any of you guys put disc brakes on the back of your T?
If so, what car did you rob the parts from?
I have a speedster that goes pretty fast but doesn't stop so good.
Have tried Rocky Mountains, but they fade really fast at sixty.
I need to stop scaring myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 11:55 pm:

Bob
I found that Rocky's would stop the back wheels Ok. The trouble was they wouldn't stop the car very well. I think you really need 4 wheel brakes if you have a fast speedster and you drive it fast. I certainly understand your comment about scaring yourself. The simple solution (but impractical) is to discipline yourself to slow down your driving. At least it didn't work for me.
4 wheel brakes is not simple to do well but it can be done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 12:10 am:

Yeah, I probably could slow down...or not!
This thing is just so damn much fun to drive at 50 or 60 I'm like a drug addict when I'm in it.
Slow down...yeah, right! LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Becker on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 01:04 am:

Hey guys,
I am trying to post a picture of my speedster with my four wheel disc brake setup. Please be patient. I will have more details soon.
Chris Becker
speedster disc brake set up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn Pullin on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 02:31 am:

Chris
Thats a great looking speedster chassis.
Is that a Morton and Brett Speedway body in the picture leaning on the radiator?
The steering - what is that?
How is the radiator bracket/suspension mounted?
As a speedster fan, i wait with bated breath!!
Glenn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Menkhaus on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 10:39 am:

Is that a AH Sprite or MGB Rack and Pinion? nice setup..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 12:08 pm:

What flexible link are you using for the steering shaft to R&P? Streetrodders have tried the Pinto heavy cable, and found it unsafe.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Becker on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 11:02 am:

1980 Subaru GL wagon Rack and pinion. Haven't decided on flexible link yet for steering column as I haven't gotten that far probably slip joints and small u-joint like Flamming River manufactures and custom built shafts. I'll post a more current picture tonight as it is going to the roadster show on Wednesday evening and I have a good one of the brakes and new exhaust that was installed Saturday.

Chris Becker

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration