TT hub size

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: TT hub size
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hudson on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 09:18 am:

Can anyone give me the dimensions specifically the diameter of a TT hub? or are they the same as A car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George House on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 10:07 am:

If you're referring to the front hubs; yes, they're the same as as a Model T's. However, if you are referring to the rear hubs, . . . nope, they're 1" greater in diameter and are all-around of heavier construction. Specifically 7" in diameter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hudson on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 10:16 am:

what about the part that fits through the wheel? what is the diameter for that? Rear wheel! Also, were they ever made with a wooden felloe? I have a pair of wheels I am trying to identify, so I can sell them and buy proper wheels for mine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George House on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 11:27 am:

Robert,
The TT rear hub OD is 2.5" where it fits into the 12 spokes. Throughout production of the TT a rear wheel was offered with solid rubber - not pneumatic. Earlier on (1917 - about 1921)they would've been non-demountable with the wood felloe then changed to the 6 lug demountable solid rubber. All demountables would've been without the wood felloe. As production of the TT increased, so did the popularity of the pneumatic tires so the solid rubbers trailed off for over-the-road applications. Its possible you might have one or more of the earlier rears. I sold a set to Willie from Houston (who frequents this Forum)a year ago so he might chime in for a better wheel comparison. They sure are heavy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hudson on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 11:47 am:

A few pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George House on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 12:10 pm:

Hmmmmm. . . wood felloe with obviously a pneumatic tire rim. . . . wood appears restorable except for the damage where the hub would fit. Now I'm not sure if its TT or not. John Danuser ought to chime in any time now. He always has TT rear wheels for sale. For sure you want the pneumatics for touring - preferably demountables. Good luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregory Stewart on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 12:13 pm:

Robert,

If the wheels are solid and usable, and the hole is 2.5", I'd be interested in buying them. Send me an email.

Greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hudson on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 12:20 pm:

George, what you see as damage is actually three divots which correspond to outcroppings on the hub to prevent it from turning. Greg, I am at work at this moment, but when I get home, I will measure the hole. I am pretty sure it is about 2.5 inches, but done hold me to that until I confirm it

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration