Diferential housing question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Diferential housing question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By larry on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 09:23 pm:

I am rebulding my RE and Find that when i bolt the up the 2 halves there is a slight diference in the hole where the drive axle[torque tube[ goes .one half sticks out more than the other .
Minimaly.. about .6 K
Question -- can i use one gasket and half of other to compensate? or do i file even or--??
Thank you all--Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 10:29 pm:

Larry, before you go further, try bolting the two halves together loosely and see if you can get them to mate up. There should be enough play so you can get the two lined up. When I am doing final assembly, I keep the RE housing bolts loose until the drive shaft is bolted on securely. The bolts holding the spool will bring the two diff halves together flush. Then I tighten the RE housing bolts.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration