Opinion on tires...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Opinion on tires...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Laplander on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 12:13 am:

I have a '22 TT. Having a devil of a time on what to put on the rear for wheels/tires. What do you guys think it would look like with 5.25 X 21 on it, since I can get the tires for a good price and the wheels appear to be plentiful? I have heard that some fellows put 21" on the rear of TT's, though for exactly what reason I am unsure, as I understand that the TT did not come with these. Expert opinion before I spend any more dough here would be greatly appreciated!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steamboat on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 12:21 am:

The correct tires would be 30 x 3 1/2 on clincher rims for the front. The 4.50 x 21 didn't come out till 1925. The rear tires are on 20 inch rims, typically 6.00 or 6.50 x 20. I think some of the early TT's had 23 inch rims on the rear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 11:09 am:

Your 1922 TT would have a 32 x 4 & 1/2 tires on the rear, which is a 23" rim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 01:11 pm:

I agree with Steve. I'm not familiar with any 21" rims for the TT. I know they had 20" rims later on.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration