What do these rims fit? TT?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: What do these rims fit? TT?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Harrison on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 12:25 am:

I was given a set of rims with my 27 Model T that obviously don't go on the car. The original owner had TT trucks and I'm thinking these might fit a truck. Does any one know what they might fit. Thanks in advance.Rim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 12:38 am:

I haven't had the rims off my front wheels yet, but I can tell you the rear rims on my 1924 TT are wider than that and don't have that break in them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 05:32 am:

Mine ain't like'em either

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 11:22 am:

I think those are for the Kelsey hayes 23 inch rear TT wheels.I think Hal has a pair like as well as I do.1 of my rims needs repair before painting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 12:21 pm:

I seem to remember that the 23 inch TT rear rims were on the earlier TT's while the 20 inch rear rims were on the later TT's?

I can't get the Keyword Search to work on this forum?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 12:28 pm:

Make sure that the box to the left is checked before you perform the search?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 12:44 pm:

Thanks Seth.

Here is that Forum discussion on the 23 inch split rims:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/14535.html#POST24215

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 01:07 pm:

Mine are similar to that, in that they are split like that, but the clamp that holds the split together is different. Mine also have the lug tabs welded to the rim that the lug nuts go onto. That one must have separate clamps that hold the rim to the wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 07:20 pm:

I had a set of rims like this in with a bunch of other T stuff. I to scratched my head for a while on what they were and fit. After I bead blasted them, it became real clear, I found bowties on each one. They are Chevy split rims.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Harrison on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 10:54 pm:

Andy, can you remember approximately where on the rim you found the bowtie?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 03:04 pm:

It is on the tire side of the rim. It is close to the 4.50/21 stamp.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration