OK So I got one of these...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: OK So I got one of these...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledozue on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 01:14 am:

I recently aquired a Kwik Way valve grinder and to date have not found too much on the Inet. Anyone have any info on such?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeffrey D. Judson on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 05:30 am:

Chris, are you around Eastern Kansas? I've run a small head shop since 1979 with an old Sioux valve grinder that I got at an auction. You can really find some great bargains if you look around; can't you? If you're in the area, I can show you what you've got and how to use it.

Happy motoring! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 10:03 pm:

FYI... T valves just don't last very long when re-ground. If your not going to drive much, grinding your valves is okay. If you plan to drive much more than a couple hundred miles a year, just buy the new stainless valves and forget about them for several thousand miles. Re-gound valves might only last a few hundred miles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 09:47 am:

Jeff thanks for the offer but I am in Dallas.

I am in the process of opening a small Model T shop with a friend who has 37 years background. We found this unit and while my partner has a basic understanding on using it we were seeking specific instructions.

Thanks... Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 09:49 am:

Jeff,

As well I want to restore the machine. Do you have any pics by any chance that shows the machine with it's origional colors and conditions?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration