Tparty2008--need help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Tparty2008--need help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MikeBlack on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 06:21 pm:

When I was home in FL last week I went to the website and sent in some questions that I would like to have had answered before I registered.(You have to email--I could never reach a real person on the phone) I haven't got a reply yet and that's o.k., but, I'm at my home in S.C. now and I can't access the Tparty web site because it wants to run ACTIVE X and my computer won't allow that. I've wasted several hours today trying to change my security settings and still no luck. I left the mag with the registration form in FL. would someone please tell me where else I could access a form and a fax number, or email me one to blackbird49@gusaol.com The 29th is the last day to register before the price goes up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 07:00 pm:

Try accessing thru Internet Explorer and not the AOL browser. Or use pc at a public or college library.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MikeBlack on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 07:11 pm:

I got it -- thanks to Dave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dena & Dennis Gorder on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 08:35 pm:

Barbara and Jay are in LA for the annual board meeting so you will not be able to contact them until they get back to Indiana the first part of next week. I know the price goes up on March first, so if you have something specific to ask, please post it here or send me an email. I will be seeing them and will try to get an answer for you. I will be checking my email later tonight. Please use email address tandanut@hotmail.com The one listed below is my home email and I will not be back home until Monday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 10:27 pm:

What is gusaol? I always use IE 6.0 without problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Black on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 10:23 am:

Jim,
gusaol is "GlobalUSA on line"--it's the dial up internet provider that services my place in rural SC southwest of Charlotte NC.
Dave sent me the link to the forms at the Tparty website and I could access that, so they're completed and faxed already, but, when I tried to go to Tparty2008.com I couldn't. I tried turning off stuff and changing security settings and still have had no luck. My "gusaol" says it's not them, but, I bought 2 identical computers in 2005, and had my computer guy (I was working then) set them both up. I use one in FL where I have high-speed cable internet and one in SC with dial-up. The one in FL works fine--that's where I was looking at stuff and sent in my questions from, then I got to SC trying to register at the last minute before the increase and found I can't get there from here!

Dennis,
My questions were--1. "the rules say cancellations after 1 June receive 75% refund of registration fees, however, the way the form groups everything together at the end, leads me to believe that you will also loose 25% of camping fees if you must cancel after 1 Jun"? 2. My other question deals with my boatail speedster I wanted to bring. When I ran the inspection, I found a potential problem. I have very dependable hydraulic brakes on the rear, however, the way things are oriented with the wheel cylinders at the front of the backing plate to allow for the perch mounting, the shoes push against the inside of the drum on the top and bottom. That makes is tough for mechanical actuation of a typical emergency brake. My "backup" brake is the Ford brake in the transmission that is actuated if there happens to be a catestrophic failure and the pedal goes farther than it's supposed to. For a "parking" brake, I have 2 pair of wheel chocks on each end of ropes like used on an airplane. Since I have a primary, a backup and a parking brake system, can I come out and play with everyone else? If not approved, will I only be barred from touring, or not allow to unload it from the trailer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dena & Dennis Gorder on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 10:51 am:

Mike. I will be seeing Jay in about 2 hours. It is only 6:45 here in LA. We will be out and about most of the time today, but will get back to you ASAP. It sounds like you have a great set up on your car. I hope it is OK. I'll get back to you later today or tonight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dena & Dennis Gorder on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 08:53 pm:

Mike, sorry I didn't get back to you. I did not have an opportunity to talk to Jay on Saturday, he was busy visiting with Jay Leno. Sunday my wife and I had to fly out early to come home and we got stuck in St Louis due to bad weather in Madison, WI. Anyway, we just got back home and unpacked. I will call Jay tomorrow night if you have not any response from your previous phone calls to the business office.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Black on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 12:19 am:

Dennis,
I got a call from a nice lady that said she thought the refund of 75% was for everything, including camping fees. She couldn't address the car question! Thanks,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 05:13 pm:

Looks like http://www.tparty2008.com has been redesigned, maybe it will work better for you. Great looking site!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration