Top Irons for a 1912 touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Top Irons for a 1912 touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 09:19 pm:

Does anyone know where I can get a good set of top irons for a 12 touring. Are they standard in their fit? Are there reproduction sets available? I sort of wanted to get this T ready for the BIG event in July but so far no response to my request in the ads. I would rather have a orignal set vs a repop if repops even exist. Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 09:44 pm:

Contact John Boorinakis, who is the guy reproducing top bows for everyone these days. E-Mail:john@johns-enterprises-top-sockets-top-bows.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 09:49 pm:

John,

Yes, reproduction top irons and the wooden bows that fit in them are available from the vendors (Lang's, Snyder's, etc.) Recommend you do a search on the forum -- I'm 80% sure someone listed the name and contact information for at least one of the folks that is reproducing the top bows that the vendors are selling. At that time if you purchased direct from him, you could save a little.

The wooden bows will have to be fitted to the top irons and the entire top has to be fitted on the car. The early bodies were made by multiple companies and varied a little from each other. The tops were also made by different companies and varied a little from each other.

Additionally the 1912 cars had bodies that varied depending on when the same maker produced them (early or late).

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker 1915 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and 1907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 09:57 pm:

Mike, Thanks -- I could not remember the name!

Hap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Brown on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 11:45 pm:

Does anyone have pics of late 12 bodies they could share?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Brown on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 11:45 pm:

Does anyone have pics of late 12 bodies they could share?

Thats late 1912 Fiscal not calander year.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 01:28 pm:

When you get ready to fit the bows to the sockets start a thread asking for ideas. Im doing my 3rd set now and have learned a little more each time. My current project is an '11 touring. I'll take pictures and put together some tips I've learned that may help you when you fit the bows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 04:32 pm:

The green car below is a late' 12 T - Andy Anderson's. These showed up maybe around the beginning of February 1912. They had a one piece firewall, and unequal halves of the windshield, and rear doors hinged at the front. Front doors were supplied that were removable.
Late 12

Below is a peach colored early 1912 T - mine - these were made through around January 1912. Notice the equal sized halves of the windshield. Also notice the two piece firewall and the doors are hinged at the rear. These cars were sold with removable doors after about the end of December 1911.
Early 12

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration