Hap the Helpful

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Hap the Helpful
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Morse on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 09:26 pm:

Hap, I've been on this forum for only about a year as I'm new to restoring my own T, but I must tell you, you've got to be the most helpful person that posts on this board. A number of other guys have been very helpful too, but you always jump in and provide a ton of helpful information even with the simplest beginner questions.

I don't know if this is because you are trying to coerce people into looking for numbers or names in strange places on their T's for you or what (ha), but I really appreciate your help!

Yes, probably should have been a private message, but with some of the occasional negativity around here I figured this might be beneficial to the board as well!

Thanks,

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 09:41 pm:

Mike M. -- A little "positivity" is welcome here. And I agree with you that Hap is one of the nicest of the nice guys on this forum or any other. (Of course, if you can shoot him a body number now and then, it helps.) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Jeandrevin on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 09:45 pm:

Hap also has an absolutely endless supply of helpful links! :-) thanks from me too hap!

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 10:47 pm:

Hap--yes I agee he is one of the best
Thank You Hap........ Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 11:03 pm:

Thank you so much for the kind words. A lot of things in life are just better when they are shared. If I was a really good poker player (but I’m not) I probably wouldn’t want to share many lessons or good ideas that I had observed. But with our old cars anything we can share to help one another out really helps all of us in one way or another. I forget which Model T Club chapter has the “Stone soup” story on their website – but I like that story. I know that as each of us adds a little, from holding a wrench on a bolt so someone else can tighten the nut at the other end to sharing information, the final results are so much better than if we each kept everything just to ourselves. I really appreciate all you guys and gals who support our hobby. And yes ---“will work for body numbers!” A special thank you to everyone who goes to the trouble to look for the body numbers. I know many of you have looked and not found one – but thank you for taking the time to check for me. Some day, we may gather enough information to break the code of which body make produced which bodies so we can help folks obtain the body panels that best fit their body.

We have done this “I would like to say thank you to folks before” but you know what --- if we can discuss which oil is best for the xxx time, I think it is ok to say “Thank you ” again also. I would like to say thank you to:

My Dad – you would expect a link wouldn’t you? See: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/10844.html (the one about the coils singing – if you never read it – I recommend it – especially if you have kids or the opportunity to encourage kids).

Bruce McCalley – you have mentored so many of us through your books, your service as webmaster, Editor of the MTFCA, and your life.

My wife – I still think one of my happiest memories is looking up through the engine bay (Faithful Fred the 1930 Model A pickup truck – we were in Iceland and I was on my back in the snow) at my lovely bride holding the other end of the bolt so I could tighten something. Funny I don’t remember what we were tightening anymore. But that smile and support – I will never forget.

Mike Morse, Mike Walker, Tim Jeandrevin, and Larry – you made my day – thank you.

And I’ll stop there …just because it is late and time to retire for the night. But thanks for the encouragement – we all need that and it is something we can all share with someone else.

Gratefully submitted,

Hap Tucker, the most blest 1915 cut off owner I know of

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 11:45 pm:

The Legend of Stone Soup is from the Lone Star Chapter in Dallas Texas:
http://www.lone-star-ts.com/StoneSoup.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 06:52 am:

I remember the Stone Soup story from Captain Kangaroo days. Seems to me the book was about 3 French soldiers coming home from a war. I suppose there could be a number of versions out there.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration