Chickasha Pizza Lunch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Chickasha Pizza Lunch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 08:57 pm:

Hi Guys
We are three weeks away from the Chickasha Pre War Swap meet.
Don Lang, John Regan and I invite “you all” (A term I learned in Kentucky since moving here) to join us at the Chickasha prewar swap meet on Thursday March 20, 2008 at noon for our third annual Model T Forum “Pizza Party”.
We will be at space NG 5-7 in the North building. You can immediately identify us. John Regan has way tooooo much hair for a man of his age, I have little hair and Don Lang is .....................Ok very cheap.
We sincerely hope everyone will identify themselves in some way. It would be great to have each of you to introduce yourself so we can place a face with a name with people we read/argue with on the forum.
Don Lang is convinced we are providing most denizens of Chickasha free lunch on Thursday so we will do it a bit differently this year. Stop buy and ask for ticket to the pizza party. In reality there are no tickets and the pizza is free, but we have to humor the Yankee Don Lang.
Ron the Coilman
P.S. I suggest you be on time. From past experience I can assure you 25-30 pizzas are no match for the Model T crowd.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 10:19 pm:

The past couple of years, the pizzas have lasted about 5 minutes. Definitely "be on time". :-)

Thanks, Guys, for hosting this again. I have been fortunate to meet several of the other Forum guys at your pizza feed, and I've enjoyed it a bunch.

See y'all there!!!!! (For Don, that translates to "See you guys there".) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George House on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 05:58 am:

Thanks Ron,
Your coil rebuilds are working great! I'll have a list of "1914 questions" for John. Thank you for the invite. I've not been available the last 2 years although present at the swap meet.

P.S. Will you have any anchovies or will this be a B.Y.O.A. ? ;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 10:11 am:

Ron - Actually, it's not really "you all", it's "y'all", and if there's a whole bunch, it's "all a' y'all",......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven G. Williams on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 11:03 am:

and if you are slightly west, say, Oklahoma or Texas, its simply "all y'all" for a bunch. no point in wasting breath on an unnecessary letter or word. lolol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 11:48 am:

Steven, in St. Louis I occasionally hear "youse" as the plural of "you." I forget what a friend in Pittsburgh told me they say there - something like "yunz," I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 12:26 pm:

Dick - If youse guys ever get up to Chicago, I think you might get some idea of where the term "youse" (if you can call it a "term") comes from. I've been away from where I grew up in suburban Chicago for 35 years, and I don't t'ink I talk like 'dem guys, or even youse guys in St. Louis, but I can sure tell a Chicago "South-sider" when I hear one!

(Hey, I don't "trow da' ball" either!)

harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 09:25 pm:

Harold
Thanks, I am receiving your comments in stereo.
Since my recent post I have been duely chasened by local Model T Club members about the use of the term Y'all. I have under taken remedial training and will not make that mistake agian.
I spent time in Pollack land (South Karlov Avenue) in Chicago and know "youse", "dem guys" and the excellent Bohunk restaurants on Cermack avenue
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 11:30 pm:

Dang it,it is yu awL. yu awl's as in it belonging to ye.

12 noon,30 pizza's, What are you folkes going to eat? Sounds like a good appetizer for a Tarheel t'r!
Actually I wont be able to eat more than 1.5 large pizza's.I used to could really eat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 03:44 pm:

Ron, don't they also, in Chicago, "warsh" for dinner after a day in the shop?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 05:58 pm:

Does Chicago really have the best Hot Dogs??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnine on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 08:12 pm:

Don Lang, John Regan and Ron Patterson, I will not be able to attend the parts swap. I have a special request, since I am know to eat a lot at the local monthly meeting, each of you please have a slice for me and give me a report on how it tasted!

Arnie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy samuelson on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 09:15 pm:

30 pizzas what ?? thats only appet-teasers around that bunch of heavey hitters [read eaters]

Mack y'all better bring some of that BB'Q in your cooler if'n you don't want to starve out there in Chickensaw. Y'all be so weak ya coudn't even load up all the stuff to lug home

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 09:17 pm:

Andy I may have to help him carry stuff to "a "truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 10:41 pm:

I dont know how well cooked pig will last on a 1200 mile trip!
I dont eat that much cue cause my blood pressure is borderline of needing a light medicine to control it so I lay off the pig a good bit.
I had planned to get a 3/4 ton truck but it wasnt looking good as in the timeing of getting the settlement check I had signed for.So I spent some time and money on my f150 and will clean up and repaint my 6-10 trailer and use it.Then I got the great news today the check in the mail!
But a chance to drive a truck that gets 17.5 to 18 mpg with the gas prices the way they are,I think I will just stick with the current plan and drive the f150.
Knowing my luck that will be a mistake as I will find more than I can haul home!But there will allways be a next time!
But I do fiqure on eating some of that pizza with you fellers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 05:22 pm:

Sheesh,I am ready for the pizza now!

Finally got everything ready to travel,truck and trailer serviced and cleaned up.Had to paint the 6-10 trailer,it looked like it had been drug thru a thicket.
I tell ye what.I have watched the gas prices at the service station and I believe the dang sign is hooked up to 1 of the pumps.It just keeps going up!
At 17.5 mpg 2500 miles of driveing at 3.20 a gallon will cost me about $460 in gas for the trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy samuelson on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 08:42 pm:

Mack,, have a great time.. Sure wish I was going, but to much else happening this yr.
Tread lightly on the right hand pedal, a speedo ticket will up your travel costs right quick.
When you get back home we want a complete report, everything you did and everything you saw and everyone you met. And don't forget everything you bought, bargains or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 10:11 pm:

That is why I like cruise control.When I hit I40,I will set it and be happy.Get better mpg that way to.
I went over all my lights and other details to make sure any meetings with Smokey Bear wouldnt be for something I neglected.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration