Is there a Difference in touring top Irons for a 14 and 12?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Is there a Difference in touring top Irons for a 14 and 12?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 12:15 pm:

Can anyone tell me and or show me the difference in the top irons for the 14 touring and the 12? I'm sorry for asking so many questions but I am in hopes of taking the 12 I just purchased to the Big event in July if I can round up the parts to complete it. Thanks again John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 01:18 pm:

Completely different. Top sockets for 1911 - 12 are a species unto themselves. They don't fold up as compactly as the later ones. Take a look in the photos section and look how much different the top bows are when stowed.

The 1913 - 17 top sockets are basically the same as one another and interchangeable. although there are several different manufacturers making detail differences.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration