Lucky Find

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Lucky Find
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 03:01 pm:

Today I helped a friend recover a 1926 Model T that had been in the woods for quite some time. The owner was so happy to get rid of it that he did not charge us any money for the car.

He even got his bucket loader and helped us load the T on my friend's trailer. The T needs some work, but my friend hopes to to have it running by spring. He got the engine and transmission out earlier and that part is running fine now.

There are still some out there, keep looking!

T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 03:05 pm:

Wow, nice find! There ain't anything like that sitting in the woods around here anymore. Everything is rusted away to nothing since everything stays wet 90% of the time.

Good luck with it!
Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William D. Killen on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 05:47 pm:

What do you mean nice find? I didn't know it was lost. I remember that old Model T sat on the side of Maryland Route 425 between Pisgah and Ironsides for years. A fellow named Bowie owned that old rig and refused every offer,and there were many,until one day when Mr. Friendly Fixit stopped and offered to buy the T. SOLD!!! to Mr. Friendly Fixit. Next thing you know it's sitting on my nephew's farm and sat there for at least ten years. I hunted next to it, on it, and around it for years, shot a couple of nice Whitetail bucks in those woods. Now it is on the move again, thanks to Mr. Friendly Fixit, a couple of T's will have more life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 11:38 pm:

Glad you got it before a dang scraper got to it.
Let's see it running!
If I can get 1 that looks like that running,you all can.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy samuelson on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 03:08 pm:

Jim,, looks like you are going to have to get out of the folding chair in you garage if you guys are going to have it running this spring.
If you haven't looked at the calandar lately I think spring is sprung already.
Have fun and see you in Richmond ! ! !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 10:57 pm:

Any progress yet??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy McGuire on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 11:48 pm:

Hey Jim,

Your photo sure makes me feel better. A few years ago I dragged this one out of the woods.

The car had been purchased by a local chicken farmer in 1926. Lots of 'bones' of other Ts scattered around the woods, but they were all pretty functional Ts, not like a roadster. Well the farmer died of TB in 1932 and his widow knew that this car was his pride and joy. She would not sell it. The shed it was parked in rotted down onto the car and I was given the heap by his nephew. This car has lots of accessories that I have never seen which would be quite the extravagence.

When I dissasembeled the engine there was hardly any wear and all of the original gaskets, shields, timer, etc. were just like factory stock. To boot, ths dash plaque was on the radiator and I have never even seen one before. I knew that a local shop, Automotive Rebulders, had been a Ford Assembly operation, but this is the first proof.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration