FUEL LINE ROUTE

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: FUEL LINE ROUTE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 01:16 pm:

From my (26) under seat oval fuel tank. What is the optimum or best fuel line OVER/UNDER route from sediment bulb to carb.?
Thanks, Harvey .....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 03:49 pm:

Harvey; The fuel line must go down from both ends. this allows the air to escape from the line. If the route were to travel up from both ends it could easily get air bound. Think of trying to syphon gas out of the tank. How easy is it to break the syphon?

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 04:14 pm:

Hello Jack,

Thank you so much for sending the information to Carl. He is the one working to track down and clarify the Early Two-Cylinder information, and I know he will really appreciate the additional "puzzle pieces" / "information" you have sent.

See: Ken Kopsky’s posting of the routing from the service bulletins part way down the thread at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/26123.html I’m 99% sure that will work for you.

Funny when I looked at the Aug 5, 1928 parts list as well as Lang’s & Snyder’s which both use the original parts numbers, I don’t see a gas tank listed for the 1926-27 Fordor. I’ve never owned one but I’m sure they had a gas tank of some kind. I checked Bruce McCalley’s Model T Comprehensive Encyclopedia on his CD [ http://mtfca.com/encyclo/mccalley.htm ] and he shows the same tank used in the sedans from 1916 to 1927 [the Tudors used the under the cowl 1926-27 tank]. That makes sense since the Fordor remained virtually unchanged from when it was introduced (except for the cowl and how the windows were held up etc.). If anyone has additional information to confirm or modify that, please let us know.

Which makes me wonder when you share you have an oval tank in your Fordor – did you or someone else mount the later standard oval tank in the Fordor?

There are also a few other mounting options shown at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/34313.html for illustrations from the Apr 1922 Ford Service bulletin. The Fordor was not out yet, but it shows the routing for the sedan (Centerdoor) located under the front seat,

Be sure to note the warning about NOT using brass compression fittings as they tend to cause the line break from fatigue. I didn’t see it in these threads but some folks like to replace the original felt packing with a neoprene hose cut to the same size. Same idea – both work fine.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker 1915 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and 1907 Model S Runabout. Sumeter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 09:09 pm:

Jim: Thanks for the fuel line information.
Hap: That service bulletin has the illustration I needed.
Again, thanks guys.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration