Tool on Tbay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Tool on Tbay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JAMES M. RIEDY on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 04:06 pm:

Item no.190201729631 appears to be some kind of cutter. The gent that has it says the I.D. is 5/8" and the O.D. is aprox.1 3/4 any guesses or ideas to what it is or does would be appreciated.J.R.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 04:32 pm:

That is the cutter that goes on the valve seat reamer tool Either a 5Z-457 or the 21Z-356.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JAMES M. RIEDY on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 04:41 pm:

Thanks Jack, I guess I'll pass on it I was thinking maybe it was for the front spindle facing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tman on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 05:00 pm:

If you look at the tool it cuts the valve seat to a rounded radius it acted like a three angle valve job for a good seal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Fultz on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 06:05 pm:

It looks to me like a gear cutter for a horizontal milling machine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Fultz on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 06:07 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jkcallin on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 11:14 pm:

It is an involute gear cutter. I have a drawer full of them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 11:45 pm:

It will be at my house in a few days. Well know for sure then.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration