25 roadster top bow questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: 25 roadster top bow questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Abbott on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 07:16 pm:

I have a bunch of top bow parts, and a complete set of bows for a roadster.
Can someone show me what the 25`s look like? or the length of each bow.
One set the cradles are low, the other is high.
One set the bow that connects to the windshield is shorter than the other.
If someone has a picture of a real 25 set, I sure would like to see it Thanks. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 07:29 pm:

Dan, I have two sets and discovered yesterday the front two bows on one set are for 26-27 roadster. I can take pictures and measurements for you tomorrow. Would you have any extra front bows?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Abbott on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 08:30 pm:

Good, Thanks. No extra frt bows, there hard to find. If I have to I`ll try to lengthen the one I have.
All the bows I have are the square type. The set I just bought has steam bent wood in them. the other set without the frt bow are the type with strait bows with wood fillers on the ends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 08:36 pm:

http://fordfarm.net/23-5RdTopSockets.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 08:53 pm:

Thanks for posting that Phil,saved me a lot of time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Abbott on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 11:53 pm:

Thanks Phil.
One more question. I`ve noticed that most pictures I`ve seen of 25`s, the rear sockets are strait. Mine are curved up at the ends. Why?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 11:54 pm:

The curved ones are for 26-27 roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Abbott on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 09:11 am:

Son of a !%&XX? F^&%, Damit!
Ive got lots of bow parts but nothing that resembles a 25.
The way it sounds I have a complete set of 26 roadster top bows that I`ll never use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 09:52 am:

Cheer up,they are good property.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration