What year is this Stewart Part?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: What year is this Stewart Part?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Knowler on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 03:10 am:

Can any one identify the year of this speedo part?
Has 1959 T1 stamped on it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 07:42 am:

It's 1917 or later. The housing number 1959 indicates 2 1/2 to 1 ratio for the left front wheel so it is not designed for a Model T.

Royce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 09:52 am:

Andrew;

There should be a letter-number stamped near the pin that connects the 2 halves. If you can tell us those we can tell you the exact month and date.

You'd be surprised by the demand for the left hand drive 2.5:1 swivel; many other cars used them. If it's in good condition it's a desireable item.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 11:28 am:

Royce, I'm glad you are using my new Speedometer book...., and you are correct in that this swivel was designed for a 1917-18 Chevrolet and Velie and attached to the left front spindle. This swivel can be used on a right-hand steering (export) Model T but CANNOT be mounted on the right spindle. The date of manufacture is January 1926. Hope this helps, Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 11:58 am:

Russ,

I actually looked it up in your old book.

The new book is fantastic but it was out in the shop when I posted the message.

Royce

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration