Neoprene seals Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Neoprene seals Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By larry on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 06:37 pm:

I habe intalled neoprene grease seals in the diferential By 1-removing the sleeves 2-pushing on the seals with the long side towards the inside with some sealer [silicone] on inside edges.........
Questio...Do i need to put a washer agaist the seal and bearing or just bearings?
Im asking because i have seen washers that go on the outer side of bearings just before felt and cap and some are cut up prety muth .
Also the inside ring that hold bearing fron going too far in in the axle tube seems to have worn out some So i gues the seal will be damaged if not protected,.
Thank you
larry

'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 07:02 pm:

Larry the ones I got from Langs had a steel washer attached on the inside surface.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By larry on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 11:36 pm:

Yes i see i tested with a magnet and see it is metal sorry my mystake
Thank you --Larry

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration