Jay Leno and Model Ts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Jay Leno and Model Ts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By barbara klehfoth on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 08:34 pm:

To get an idea of Jay Leno's feelings about his Model T, read the article he wrote on the link below:

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/features/article3458 479.ece?Submitted=true

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nelson Jones on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 09:25 pm:

No one has answered my question. Is he going to drive it to Ind? Nelson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 10:16 pm:

I had access to a high speed connection this weekend and went to his website and watched videos of his cars and such.No mention of his T.I tryed the link that Bruce had posted a week or 2 ago of Jay driving his T and it came up a video of that @#*#@ Paris Hilton.Something must have happened.

His site is very intresting and alot of fun to watch some of those old rides in action.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Klehfoth on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 10:26 pm:

Jay Leno is invited to the Centennial in July. Whether he is able to come or not is a question that I don't think even he can answer. He is a very, very busy person.

Watch his web site for an episode on his Model T and the Centennial. Also in the video is Jay Klehfoth and MTFCA President Russ Grunewald. The video should be on-line in a few weeks.

We found Jay Leno to be a great guy and very supportive of the antique car hobby. We were very proud to have the opportunity to meet him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 11:02 pm:

Jay provides an excellent argument, I only wish it were more scientifically supported. Unfortunately too many people have jumped on the "green" bandwagon. I am proud I have never owned a new car. All of my cars get better gas mileage than many cars on the road today.

I could go on, but I really don't want to rant or go off topic. I do believe though, that his article would make an excellent chain e-mail to send out to people.

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 08:54 am:

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_player.shtml?vid=190256

Try this link to the Model T segment on Jay's website.

If it doesn't work, go to " www.jaylenosgarage.com", look for " drive reports" - "Other".

Barbara & Jay Klefoth, thanks for connecting with Jay Leno.

Bob & Gail Jablonski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nelson Jones on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 02:28 pm:

Ther is no doubt Jay Leno is a great guy & very dedicated to the old car hobby. I saw him at Auburn & he was very graious. If people would not mob him & treat him like he puts his pants on like the rest of us (one leg at at time) he could enjoy the hobby much more. I have always said the only thing I would want from Jay other than his old car friendship would be to see his collection. It would probably never happen as I will not be in Cal. Nelson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Ferris on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 03:53 pm:

Is the 28 Model A tailight the same as the 27 Model T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 04:01 pm:

No.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 04:05 pm:

Nelson, a friend of mine is a good friend of a former news anchor in St. Louis. People saw his face every evening. It reached the point where he didn't attend purely social functions because people kept cornering him and bending his ear.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nelson Jones on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 09:56 pm:

Yes he would probably have to move out of St. Louis to be able to not be pestered. I would not trade places with any of them. Nelson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 12:29 am:

And since he's almost as old as I am and has lived here all his life, that's not likely to happen. Yeah, it's a shame people can't leave folks like him (and Leno) alone. A nod and a smile are enough unless you really end up in a conversation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 03:15 am:

Marshall, how about the early AR tail light? I am thinking, that they were close.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 02:13 pm:

No. The '28-29 Model A taillight was smaller than the '26-27 stoplight option and a little bigger than the standard Model T taillight. The Model T has a one piece full-face lens, while the '28-28 is divided for brake and taillight. Part of the taillight body itself makes this division across the lens. The '28-29 body is nickel-plated and has the word: "Duolamp" embossed across the top.
I'll take a picture of one and send it to you off-line, Mark. For some reason, when I try to post photos here, I get a kick-back about the size of the file.
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 02:19 pm:

'Sorry... "Duolight".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 02:29 pm:

Marshall,

I believe it's Duolamp like you said the first time. I have the '30-'31 "commercial" vehicle lamps on my speedster and that's what they say.

Seth

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration