Snyder's Online Ordering New & Improved ! - NOT!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Snyder's Online Ordering New & Improved ! - NOT!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 11:18 pm:

Geez, what a mess they've made of the online ordering. I guess the changes were made to improve ordering but to say the least, it sucks!
"Continue Shopping" takes you back to the home page.
You still can't make multiple selections on the same page.
To select two items takes four pages.
You still can't specify quantity at time of selection.
It doesn't recognize you as having ordered before.
Yet it lists every previous order as a shipping/billing address and still makes you fill out duplicate info.

And.... You still can't figure out the shipping costs until you receive the package.

Wow! What great progress.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Jeandrevin on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 11:21 pm:

I have used there online shopping this way:
I open the website, look at the bottom to get the 800 number, dial it, ask for parts....and they ship out 2 hours later!

Sure works well that way for me! lol

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 11:32 pm:

Somebody there answering 24 hours a day? That's a new one. How about you try it now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 11:40 pm:

I use the telephone,about 9 to 10 in the morning.Get great service.
I have trouble just navigateing the website,so I know I would have trouble trying to fill my "shopping cart"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob G on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 12:08 am:

They keep improving things till they're no damn good at all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 12:24 am:

I do all my ordering online in the evening. I'd be on the phone for hours if I tried to do that during the day. I don't just order car parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 12:27 am:

The site may frustrate you but the personal service is top notch. I just write down what I need and call them. Their shipping is always fast and if there's a problem the service resolution is excellent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 02:30 am:

I agree with Gary. I have ordered by phone and received excellent service...they ship fast. I know of at least one supplier that charges a little extra to expedite your order. I had really rather speak with a "warm body" than use my key board. Guess I'm old school ...never even used an ATM. Man...I'm behind the times!
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 04:42 am:

Bob; I'm with you, at the bank it's eyeball to eyeball with the pretty tellers, paying the local bills I walk in with payment and say "Here's your paycheck" I've never used a drive-thru if the store or restaurant was open.

As far as Snyder's is concerned, when they tell me it will ship today, it ships today. I usually call them at 5:00 Ayem and give them plenty of time, and sometimes get a chance to talk with Don.

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Jeandrevin on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 06:25 am:

One other note of praise I must add. The last time I went to pic up parts (about an hours drive) I hit some construction going through Salem. A busted water main detured me about 2 miles out of my way in bumper to bumper traffic. It was a Friday evening. I called and told them I was on my way but was afraid they would lock the door just as I arrived. Don himself was waiting at the counter when I got there at 10 after 4:00. He was extremely helpful advising me on window rubber etc. I used to deal with Gas Light almost exclusively. They are great too, but Snyders has now earned all my future business just for doing that one little thing.

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 07:34 am:

I have absolutely no problem with the online ordering process. Have used it many times!! Has it been changed ???

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 07:41 am:

Ken and others,

Sorry to hear they've screwed it up. I've never talked to anyone there - always ordered on-line and always received exactly what I ordered.

It's a good thing that I won't need anything else, because I hate telephones.

On the bright side, I'll bet they'll "fix" it, since they are the best, IMO.

Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Costain on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 02:11 pm:

I am new to the T world plus 77 years old and they have helped me tremendously on the phone with parts and advice, Iv'e also been to there business and received excellent help from Don and his son, even talking me out of buying an expensive item I thought I needed. They are A-plus as far as my vote goes.
Joe-- 23 fordor
St. Clairsville, Ohio

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 02:21 pm:

I like ordering from Langs on the phone just so Trish can give me a hard time. It's free with every order. Plus I deserve it.

Have not tried Snyders online ordering but it sounds like a good idea. Wake up in the middle of the night with the thought of "hmmmm I need a Ruxtell and an aluminum cylinder head and a new radiator" then all you have to do is log on the computer, click on all the expensive stuff and enter your credit card number.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 02:27 pm:

Royce; And then when the credit card bill arrives, you can exclaim to the better half, "I must have been sleepwalking".

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 02:56 pm:

Ken, have you called Snyder's to let them know of the on-line issue? They may have an issue that they are unaware of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 03:43 pm:

I disagree with the last statement... sorry. No one should have to call a business to tell them that their web site is bad. What kind of logic is that? I agree it would be helpful, but absolutely not necessary. Be responsible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 03:59 pm:

Ok,michael,we won't tell you when your fly is open.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 04:06 pm:

I agree with michael. If they have an issue, they should know it by now since "all of a sudden" their web orders aren't coming in like they were before they made changes. If they are coming in like they were before they made the changes, then there is no problem.

At least they HAVE on-line ordering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 04:12 pm:

Oops I miss spelled Ruckstell again.

Ruckstell2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Jeandrevin on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 04:22 pm:

How would you feel if you inadvertantly gave them the wrong shipping address and your eagerly awaited parts got returned. They had your phone number but said, hey, he should know if his parts haven't come he gave us the wrong address. Is it really asking that much, and that terrible of a thing to help them out by making them aware of a problem so they can help you out by fixing it?

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 04:31 pm:

I agree with Jack. My point is that it's not always the business's site having the problem. Sometimes it's operator error. A simple phone call may get one of you squared away. The computers at the company I work for will have problems that crop up and without a call to the IT deptment do you think they would know there was an issue? I guess with a few of you, your option is to use the phone (hope your phone line is OK since you apparently wouldn't call the phone company either) to order, order my mail (you might as well send a check too, but I hope there's no issues with the bank or your account) or use someone else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 04:32 pm:

Tim,I agree,not only are you helping them,but yourself and all the rest of us. Makes sense to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 04:48 pm:

Well then, has anyone called them instead of wasting time discussing it here?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 04:54 pm:

I sent them an email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 05:41 pm:

jack, if my fly were open, I'd be in an all together different business, and I would definitely make sure my 900# and my web site were good to go!
:-)
I didn't disagree that we shouldn't be helpful... However, if you have a "web" business, then you should make sure your "web" business is open for business.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 06:25 pm:

Last year I was having all kinds of trouble with my satellite internet connection where I could not log on and when I called the company by phone the nice young lady on the other end asked me why I had not sent an email to report the trouble! :-)....Michael Pawelek

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 07:59 pm:

She must have been a true blonde.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Jeandrevin on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 09:45 pm:

Just after I posted above, I called them. She said they had only recieved one other call and Don was going to look into it right away.

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 09:10 am:

Reminds me of a book that came out in the seventies called "The Peter Principal". The premise is that everyone is eventually promoted to their level of incompetence, or, at least, one level beyond their level of maximum competence. That had they been left at their former level of maximum productivity everything would have been great, but, because they were so productive at that level, they were promoted to a level that they were unable to perform at. Apply this principal to the entire business world where most everyone is at this point of incompetence and you will conclude that, like Snyder's, if they would have left it well enough alone and not tried to improve it to the point of incompetence, it would be a much more efficient system. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guy D Nelli on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 09:41 am:

jim, i read that book, very good one. only one exception, what happened with BUSH.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 09:52 am:

Hi Guy. Are you saying that "W" has not yet reached his level of incompetence? LOL! Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guy D Nelli on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 02:08 pm:

no i am saying that a wise man will make sure he does'nt reach that level. GUY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guy D Nelli on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 02:10 pm:

and its not W, its dubya.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 02:14 pm:

The one sure way to destroy a site like this, is for it to start commenting on or discussing religion or politics.

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 02:25 pm:

Jim Wier. While I ordinarily think that in the realm of discussion, no subject should be taboo, on this Forum, I must agree with you. Thanks for the perspective. Jim Patrick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 03:25 pm:

Jim and Jim, I agree. I seem to recall that the Air Officer's Guide that I received in AFROTC 45 years ago said that, in the interest of harmony, officers should refrain from discussing religion, politics or other officers' ladies. Seems like good advice anywhere... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 10:01 pm:

I got a nice email from Don Snyder #3 and he said they were still working out the bugs on their new web site. He thanked me for heads up.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration