Aftermarket head?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Aftermarket head?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brian c lawrence on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 08:03 am:

I had to replace the head on my 27 Fordor recently (it was cracked pretty bad). I purchased a used one from a really nice gentleman in the area. He said my head is an aftermarket (cast iron) because it does not have the Ford script. The one he sold me had the Ford script. I seen 2 Model T's on ebay recently with a non script head. Is it possible that Ford made a head with no script, or is this some type of popular aftermarket cast iron head of the era? Appreciate the help!!

Brian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 08:15 am:

The script was deleted on the 26-27 models so in your case it appears you had the original head.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration