After Market Pick-up beds

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: After Market Pick-up beds
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kuhnER on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 11:46 am:

Back in the day, did anyone produce an after market pick up bed for the model T?
I recently picked up a bed that is all metal, no wood floor, no Ford script on tailgate, and has opening for battery in the floor. I tried it on my '27 last night and it appears about 6" too narrow. I am wondering if it was produced for an earlier car.

greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Hall on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 05:04 pm:

My original York Body Co. catalog has what they call their "Model 510 Parcel Body". This is a Model T roadster-pickup body with tailgate and the dimensions are: length 60", width 33", panel height 9", net weight 80lbs. They also offer a Model 509 body that is 56" long. The 510 cost $22 ($21 for the 509). The price list was effective December 1st 1923. Sorry if this is a duplicate post, my first attempt just disappeared.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 05:32 pm:

Parry and later Martin-Parry made them also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kuhner on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 02:15 pm:

Thanks for the replies. Mine measures 34.5x55.5x9
Here are some photos. Hope it works first time posting photos.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration