Remember the Michell Indiana auction?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Remember the Michell Indiana auction?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel (Indiana Trucks) on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 10:10 pm:

I almost went to that sale last fall but didn't have the money so I stayed home and since then have seen a few of the cars on ebay. The one I saw in the auction that almost got me to go was a center door that was inside a shed that had fell down and the car looked almost worth the trip in the auction pictures. Tonight I found that car and another that were in the shed on ebay and decided I am glad I didn't waste my gas. Here are links to both auctions so you can see what you missed by not going. Please update your shots before looking at these cars!

1918 touring
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1918-Model-T-Ford-touring-Project-parts-Hot-rat-r od_W0QQitemZ290211628919QQihZ019QQcategoryZ10076QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZVie wItem

1920 center door
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1920-Model-T-Ford-center-door-sedan-Parts-or-rest ore_W0QQitemZ290211627063QQihZ019QQcategoryZ10076QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZVi ewItem

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 10:17 pm:

Well to be honest,the center door has a chance with the right person.Either way,I am glad the crusher didnt get them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 10:33 pm:

Bob, a couple of us that went wished we had stayed home also. I looked at these two again on Ebay and it brought back bad memories of the wasted day and diesel fuel going down there to see this stuff.

I didn't see much that resembled anything useable on the '18 and the center door isn't much better, maybe a few useable parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ironhunter on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 08:35 am:

Well, we must be looking at different pictures. I see lots of stuff that I need and ain't got. Rusty sheetmetal aside, there are lots of hard parts there that add up to more than either car can be bought for. Granted, I wouldn't drive cross country for either, but if they were within 100 miles, I'd buy them both. They don't make'em anymore, and they ain't sittin in every fencerow like 40 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Jeandrevin on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 08:43 am:

That center door isn't a whole lot worse that what I started with. There are more "rust destroyed" parts in that one, but in my case they were just missing parts. Hardly matters either way. The only sad thing is the description of the touring says the frame is rusted in to. Like you said Ray, they aren't just sitting every where any more.

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Jeandrevin on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 08:47 am:

Hey Ray! Come get 'em. They are only an hour from my place. lol.....Make a weekend of it.

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 08:52 am:

could probably pile them both on one trailer too! If one had a title, I'd go for it! hehe

My pseudo-name was too obvious, huh?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 09:07 am:

You can run, but you can't hide!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration