Dangerous Practice

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Dangerous Practice
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 03:32 pm:

Good thing for this guy, Model T's didn't stop on a dime. Jim

Model T Rider

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Cullen on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 03:43 pm:

No biggie, the motometer will keep him in place! (ouch!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 03:45 pm:

I guess that explains my hood being warped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 04:07 pm:

Actually, this is a photo of Hiram C. Flapdoodle, an inventor from the early 1900's. He was known for his many failures, such as inventing screen doors for submarines, glow in the dark wallpaper for people afraid of turning out the bedroom light at night and the infamous wood-burning telephone. However, Hiram's one successful invention was in the medical field. His Model T had a Moto-Meter on the radiator and as this historic photo shows, Hiram has been captured on film at the exact moment when he invented the rectal thermometer. The excitement of the moment registers on his face.
Not all inventors can be on par with Thomas A. Edison. It took a lot of little guys like Hiram Flapdoodle working in their garages at night to make the world a better place for us all. So, the next time your doctor tells you to bend over and cough, think of Hiram and this photo. No if's, and's or BUTT's.
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tman on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 04:14 pm:

The car is parked

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 04:20 pm:

That's why it took Hiram 10 minutes longer to invent his thermometer than it would have, had the car been in motion.
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 08:50 pm:

OK Marshall. My wife wants to know why I'm laughing so hard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 08:52 pm:

I wonder if the radiator was hot when the picture was taken?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 09:09 pm:

Norman, if it was, he probably also simultaneously discovered the first prostate heat therapy...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 09:37 pm:

Well,I have heard that the paperwork that comes with rectal thermometers says they are personaly tested.So was he testing the prototype?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 09:53 pm:

man, this thread has gone to the toilet :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 10:37 pm:

I just heard the flush!

Ok,it's back!:>)

You know,it is obvious people back then musta been lighter from working in the fields and such.If I sat on the hood of either of my T's,I would wind up with my feet in the air and my backend on the cylinder head with a ruined hood between me and it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 11:16 pm:

Actually this is the great Italian male soprano, Giuseppe Quatrofromagio demonstrating how he reached high C. In Italy he normally used a FIAT, when this photo was taken, he was in Perth Amboy, New Jersey, during his one & only American Tour.

Alex

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration