Ahooga horn sound

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Ahooga horn sound
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn Pullin on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 04:10 am:

Hi again
I need a horn for my speedster and have a particular horn sound in mind. I think it may come from an early Ahooga horn but i have nothing to compare it to.
Can someone (or a few people) please upload a few horn sounds and let me know the make/model of the horn.
Thanks
Glenn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 08:57 am:

Most likely an electric 6 Volt Klaxon. There are mechanical push button Klaxons as well. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 10:07 am:

Click onto:

www.soundrangers.com/search-results.cfm?storeid=1&start=1&newsearch=1&criteria=h onks

...then click onto the round demo circle. Ahooga Horns 02, 03, 04, and 05 sound about the same and what I would consider to be the classic Ahooga horn. On electric ahooga horns the sound continues as long as you hold down the button. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn Pullin on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 03:52 pm:

Bingo!!
Thanks Jim
Those 4 sounds are exactly what I am looking for - would they be from an original Ahooga push button Klaxons?
Thanks
Glenn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 04:35 pm:

Yes. That is what my originals sound like. I have bought several very reasonably priced original 6 volt Klaxons on ebay. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 01:46 am:

Jim,
I have had a ball with those sound effects on soundrangers.com with my dogs. Funny how they reacted to them. Ahooga would make a great ring tone...really would get your attention. I have a Mileaway on my '23 and it delivers as advertised.
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 09:24 am:

Yes Bob. My wife and I have enjoyed all the various the sound effect demos as well. Turn up the volume and it sounds like a train is coming right through the room. It's always nice to hear that something you have posted has brought enjoyment to others. Take care. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roland Palmatier -- Durham, NH on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 12:09 pm:

Hi Glenn,

Here are some more antique horn sounds with pictures of the horn to match. Enjoy:

http://www.horseless.com/horn.html

Rgards, Roland

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration