1925 T roadster problem

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: 1925 T roadster problem
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 04:45 pm:

Hope someone can help me solve a dilema about how the rear body panel, the back lip of the under-seat "tool box" and the wood deck of the turtle all come together. It appears to me, from seeing how they fit, lining up nail holes, that the rear body panel bottom lip, the lip at the rear of the "tool box bin" under the seat behind the gas tank are placed together [body panel on top] and then the front most part of the turtle floor slid on top of the metal. The metal is then fastened/nailed from underneath into the wood so the deck supports the metal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pictures would also be great. Thanks, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Nowlin on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 07:58 pm:

On my 25 runabout the metal flange of the rear panel and the tool bin is nailed to the bottom side of the wood turtle deck floor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 08:14 pm:

That is correct. There is an extention to the up and down braces where the body side pieces bolt together to the seat back tin. These extentions bolt to the funny shaped wooden side pieces that support the flat sides behind the curve in the bucket. These give up and down support to the seat back. These have been broken off in many cases.
I point this out as they were missing on a 25 I restored several years ago. I hope the are with yours but if not they are easy to makeand are needed for strength.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 08:23 pm:

Mike and Warren: Thanks for your helpful responses. They will now allow me to put my body & wood together the right way. I will look for those braces Warren to be sure they are there. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By james dimit on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 08:58 pm:

Not saying this is right, but we bolted the rear panel flange to the toolbox. I will show a picture of the original rear panel from my friend's 25. You can see the large (1/4") holes on the flange. The toolbox panel was gone when we got the body.

This 2nd picture shows the extension Warren refers to I think.

As well as some other brackets in this area. Hope these help, Jim.

I think I got the wrong picture, will try again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 12:46 pm:

It would be nice if someone with sheetmetal experience would make those two brackets. They are only used on the bodies that have the toolbox. My body didn't have these, and Steve Coniff made me a pair, which are identical to the originals. As far as I can tell, they didn't start using these until around April, although the prints were developed in January, I think.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration