Other 100 yr celebration

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Other 100 yr celebration
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 05:27 pm:

Are there any other 1oo yr celebrations going on this year?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 05:41 pm:

There's the other big one in Dearborn which is in conjunction with MTFCI the first of September.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas J. Miller "Tom" on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 06:27 pm:

The Dearborn one is in conjunction with the Henry Ford's annual Old Car Festival. It's always the weekend after Labor Day in September. The Model T will be one of the many marques featured there. The Model Ts will have a designated parking area within the show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 12:18 pm:

Check out www.piquettets.org for detaails.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 12:45 pm:

Thank you all for the input, this may just be the Tum's to cure my heart burn I'm having with Indiana.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Otto baron on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 03:31 pm:

1909 will the centenial of the Lincoln Cent! Still in production as well. It is also the Bicentenial of Lincolns birth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Woolf on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 06:34 pm:

How about the centenary of the 1908 NY to Paris race that was won by Thomas Flyer. The 100th anniversary of the start of the race has already passed but there will be a modern version of it later this year. The Amelia Island concours this weekend is featuring Model T and Thomas Flyer including the NY to Paris Race winner. That race was arguably as important to the progress of transportation as the Wright Brothers first flight at Kitty Hawk.

Alan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Otto baron on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 07:05 pm:

How can it be a real celebration of the famed 1908 race, without including Professor Fate's Hannibal 8?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Olivier CHABANNE on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 06:21 am:

Hello,

There is also a celebration of the centenary of Ford model T in France.

For all information, use this bond.

http://www.ford-t.fr

Olivier

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Norton on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 07:33 am:

Australia
The NSW club http://modelt.2ya.com around Australia Model T 6 month tour http://www.centenary-t-tour.com .
The tour will join the national Model T centenary celebrations organised by the Victorian club. Entry form and newsletters at http://www.modeltfordclubvic.org.au/pdf.php

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 08:33 am:

Olivier, VIVA LA FRANCE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 09:04 am:

I spent some time in Paris. Climbed half was to the top of the tower. The part of my visit I remember the most was the river (boat) tour I went on of Paris. The up close look at the architecture on the bridges and the half clad sun bathers on the river walkway. Actually, I hardly remember the architecture. :-)
Boy, that Notre Dame, that is BEAUTIFUL. I stopped at a truck stop for lunch along the autobahn(which is way too cool, did not see any Model T's on it that day. In fact, the cars [or low flying jets] went by our bus so fast, the only thing I did see of the cars was a blur). Had a salad and a cup of coffee which almost broke the bank. I brought back a couple bottles of local wine. Did not like as much as wine from Germany, but I still had a great time no less. Should I go back, I would like to spend more time in the country towns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Olivier CHABANNE on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 05:45 pm:

OK Tomas, tell me if one day, you come to France. I would make you visit the area or I live, “le PUY-EN-VELAY” in the center of France.

So long

OK Tomas, Contactez moi si un jour, vous venez en France. Je vous ferais visiter la région ou j’habite, Le PUY-EN-VELAY au centre de la France.

A bientôt
Olivier

http://www.ford-t.fr

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration