More help on the TT truck rear wheels?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: More help on the TT truck rear wheels?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Laplander on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 11:02 pm:

Okay, where might one find a set of usable rear wheels for their TT truck? I have about exhausted all immediate opportunities around the Southeastern Wisconsin area (that I know of anyway)and all Model T Haven has are a pair that need major work. The budget won't provide for another grand invested in wheels/rims/tires, tubes and flaps. Ebay has a set of solid rubber up, but they are in poor shape, rubber wise. The ones that came with the truck are solid rubber too, rubber in okay shape but the wheels are shot. Does anyone have a pair for sale, or can someone point me in the right direction? Or maybe there are ideas out there? Sorry to seem idiotic, but I'm relatively new to the hobby and this is the last hurdle! I have just about everything that I need to get the project running again - except rear rubber and warm weather! At least the weather I can expect in a few short weeks... I'd like to be rubber ready by then!

Thanks in advance guys.

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By johnd on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 01:00 am:

Im taking 3-4 pr of 20 in rear wheels to Chickasha, just don't have any rims presently, I only have 1-23 in rear wheel, but I have a pr of 23 in rear split rims, also going. If you really need 20 in rims, 29-30-31 AA rims are the same, just cut out the centers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Fultz on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 01:12 am:

Robert...I bought a junk tractor for the engine (Runs like a top) I'm pulling the engine and tranny plus some other parts. Going to junk the rest. Now if you want the wheels, you can have them at no cost. You will have to come after them or arrrange for shipping. They look good but I will bang on the spokes tommorow to check the spokes farther. They have 19" tires but are bald. I believe they are demountable rims.I live in Clarksburg,WV about 2 hrs south of Pittsburg. On second thought, bring a pickup and you can have the whole rearend. I don't have much storage space so out the door it will go.
PS.. This is a one shot deal for Robert.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 01:24 am:

Right on Robert, way to step up and help a guy out!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sebastien Landry on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 10:54 am:

On that subject JohnD,
I found some with continuous snap rings instead of the split snap rings. If I get somebody to disassemble them, I can use them correct?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By johnd on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 11:57 am:

The same 600 x 20 in rear TT rim w/snap ring is used by part no. from 1917-18-thru about 41, only difference is they later went to a full ring, not split, but actually a little oblong, and you have to slip-slide it to get it off and on?, put TT split rings on the rim and go with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sebastien Landry on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 12:16 pm:

Excellent. What I'll do is I'll post the progress as I take a Budd style wheel all the way to turn it into a TT rim and other will be able to this.

thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 06:04 pm:

Robert I sent ye a email

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Laplander on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 08:21 pm:

If you guys need help or advice on doing the old wheels, I've been in the tire industry for MANY years and would be happy to give something back. I know I'm just one of many on the forum with tire/wheel changing experience, so please don't misinterpret my message. I'm no expert, but I have seen lots of truck tires go boom and seen the effects of what can happen first hand when something gets around the shop at a high velocity. It ain't pretty.
Thanks for the offer Robert! I just sent you an e-mail concerning the wheels. Tickled I am! It looks like the last hurdle will soon be met.
Now, if mother nature would get rid of the 42 inches of snow in my yard, I'd be in business!

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Fultz on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 12:32 am:

Mack..Stand by.

Robert L..I didn't recieve an e-mail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Laplander on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 02:06 am:

You should have it now. My e-mail jammed.

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Laplander on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 02:13 am:

You should have it now. My e-mail jammed.

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George House on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 05:02 pm:

Continuing with the tone and tenor of this thread; I'll be bringing some nice BUDD wheels to Chickasha with 6.50 X 20 old rubber. So if you think these'll look nice on your TT - at 1/10 the price of wood spokes - follow up on Sebastien's post and take 'em home. South building SN08 and 09.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration