Weight if '23 Fordor sedan

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Weight if '23 Fordor sedan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 12:37 pm:

How much does a 1923 Model T Ford Fordor sedan weigh? Need to know so we can purchase correct WARN 12 volt trailer winch. Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lee Crenshaw on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 12:50 pm:

Jerry, because you are working with a "rolling load" your capacity need not be enough to lift the car. I would recommend 1500 to 2500 cap. Be sure that it has the "free wheel" feature. Remember if more capacity is needed a snatch block
will double the capacity and half the line speed
of the winch. I also suggest you buy the kit that
includes the battery cables and "plug-together"
connectors that will tie the unit directly into the vehicle battery. Also required will be a battery post adaptor to allow the installation of another hi-amp conductor.
Lee Crenshaw
Richmond, Va.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 01:35 pm:

Bruces book says 1950#

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john curry on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 05:06 pm:

jerry, i weighted my 24 2door the other day and it weighted 2150- 2200 lbs. with me out of the car. might help. john

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Stanzione on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 09:57 pm:

Jerry,

I will try to upload a small spreadsheet that you can use to calculate winch load......

application/vnd.ms-excelWinch Load Calculator
Winch_Load_Calculator.xls (15.9 k)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration