Will a 4-cyl Chevy Head Fit a Model T?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Will a 4-cyl Chevy Head Fit a Model T?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 04:39 pm:

I have posted a photo below of a 1929 Chevy head that someone currently has for sale on ebay (item #260218121420). It is being offered as an overhead valve head that will fit a Model T for putting on a speedster. He says that there are adapters available for this conversion.

I have never heard of such a thing. That sounds too good to be true. I think I have a couple of these heads in the junk piles in my dadís barn. If there is such an adapter, I might want to build an engine with one. However, it seems to me like there would be big problems with lining up the valve push rods, getting the right compression, etc. Can this be done or this guy just pulling our leg?
1929 Chevy 4-Cyl overhead valve head

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 04:48 pm:

It can,and has been done. Adapters are available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Sizemore on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 05:01 pm:

If I am not mistaking it is the 28 Chevy head that can be used
JS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim ( www.ModelTengine.com ) on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 05:05 pm:

I don't think that is a 28 or a 29 Chevy head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Drew Wommack on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 05:14 pm:

Rick,

Yes it can be done, requires a '28 Chevy head, and like Tim says above, that is not one. That may be a '26-27 Chevy. The '28 head has 2 exhaust and 2 intake ports. Tim should know, he has built one.

I have a '28 head that I am planning on using for a future father/son speedster project.

See these threads for more info. on the subject.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/8632.html

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/25434.html

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration