1913 Runabout pictures wanted

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: 1913 Runabout pictures wanted
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Daniello on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 10:01 pm:

Does anyone have pictures of the back of a '13 runabout? Not just the turtledeck but the base it sits on and the trim moldings that run up the seat back. I understand that some of the sheet metal my be available reproduction, but I am not even sure exactly what I am missing. Besides the turtledeck, was the back of the '13 runabouts identical to other years?

Thanks in advance, Robert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 11:12 pm:

The back panel was one piece(at least on mine) The bead on the tin matched up with the bead on the top of the side pieces. The trim side iron was also one piece. It covers the joints and follows the back and continues along the deck sides. It was screwed in place and the screws were smoothed over with lead. The back trim iron is cut at an angle to match up and lay flat against the deck back tin as it blends with the two trim side pices. The back seat panel covers the whole floor of the wooden deck. The turdle deck is bolted in four locations in the steel capped wooden deck.
I hope this is some help. I will be happy to take pictures of those things you don't understand.
Remember a couple of body companies built these therefore some of theirs may havee some minor differences. One point worth noting is that the 13 roadster unlike the later roadsters Does Not share the same front cushion as the touring. The seat is wider.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 01:11 am:

Robert, I have an original unrestored 1913 Roadster. Let me know exactly what pictures you want, along with your address, and I will try to get them to you. There are a couple of pictures on my web site "chaffins garage.com"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Harlamoff on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 12:50 pm:

Robert,
I will take my camera today, right now, without fail, coffie inhand, and take photos for you of my 13 runabout. The turtle deck is off of painting. Here is a photo of the car together. It is a Monroe or 'Pontiac' body.
Brian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 01:51 pm:

Robert,

Here is a website documenting the restoration of a 13 runabout. I'm not sure if the pictures will help you, but it is a nice site.

http://www.modelt.ca/13T.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 11:34 am:

That website listed above, shows a runabout, but the unrestored photos of the car sure look like a cutoff touring to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Harlamoff on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 02:42 pm:

Robert,
I have placed all of the technical photos of my 1913 Runabout body under a thread called '13 Runabout Technical Photos'. There are a bunch! Let me know if you need any more measurements.
Best regards,
Brian Harlamoff in Santa Cruz CA
13 Runabout
25 Speedster
26 Speedster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 11:52 pm:

Larry

You have wonderful eyes, I have looked at that page umpteen times and that thought crossed never crossed my mind. I don't know if it is a cutoff, or if it is just that the mind easily accepts suggestion similar to believing that when you play Beatles music in reverse it hints that Paul is dead.

Richard

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration