1914 Body number for Hap

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: 1914 Body number for Hap
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 06:45 pm:

Hap

While back from school today and in the garage I found the lower kick panel off of my Dad's 14 runabout. The number stamped in the wood is :
241210. I don't see anything else stamped. I hope this helps you.

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 08:01 pm:

Richard,

Thanks so much for posting the body number for your Dad’s 1914. runabout. Did you have a chance to notice if there was or was not a letter on the front seat heel panel? Some have them (“W” for Wilson; “B” for Beaudett also spelled Beaudette; etc.) while some do not have a letter stamped or embossed on the metal heel panel. Also if you could give us the approximate month of the car’s engine based on Bruce McCalley’s serial number listing that will help us better understand what if any relationship the body numbers may have to the date of manufacture.

I am hopeful that your 1915 touring will also have a body number and one that can be clearly indentified with a body manufacture (i.e. that there will be a letter associated with it. I.e. a letter near the body number, stamped on the front or rear seat heel panel, or some other positive indication of who produced the body.)

Again thank you for sharing. At the moment I still have only a few pieces of the puzzle – but I’m confident that as additional pieces are obtained what the overall picture is will become clear. I am still hopeful that one day in the future we will be able to look at a rusted panel found out in the desert and from the unique items the different body makers used, we will be able to tell who produced the body and approximately what year range it would have been.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker 1915 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and 1907 Model S Runabout. Sumter, SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 12:00 am:

Hap

I didn't see any letters stamped in the wood where the number was, nor did I see any stamped on the metal. I am pretty sure from looking that it is in decent enough shape that if there were a letter I could see it, so I will assume that there is none.

I just brought the 15 home today, but had to devote a good portion of the weekend for studying for a test tomorrow. Although I did sneak a little time after bringing it home to rummage through everything I didn't get to get a real good look at much. The main reason being that apparently all of the door latches have seized.

I did see a metal tag on the wood where the front seat is that looks similar to the photo you had posted on my earlier thread, but it was too rusted to read anything at this point. Also, I looked at the cowl and saw no rivets. I will post this and some photos of it finally home on the other thread to keep it all together.

Richard

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration