MAC`s top bows. Quality?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: MAC`s top bows. Quality?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Abbott on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 11:55 pm:

Are the top irons mac`s sells any good?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 12:09 am:

Why not buy them from John Boorinakis?530-885-4956

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 12:43 am:

I'd recommend buying the steam bent. I just snapped the tip off of one of the laminated bows... that was a very expensive mistake. I've never had a problem with the solid oak or hickory ones, and there is very little difference in price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 06:42 am:

I second the motion on steam bent. I had a set of uninstalled laminated bows in my attic along side a set of the steam bent ones. The laminated bows were falling apart as they delaminated. The steam bent bows - I think they are ash - went on the car.

Royce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 10:22 am:

That's nice guys ,but he is looking for a set of 1925 roadster bows,the metal ones with seperate bent corners and straight bows. Not much need for the steam bent early bows.John B. made me a set of front bows for mine and did a beautiful job on them.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration