Exact date of engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Exact date of engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn Pullin on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 12:57 am:

Hi
Ive seen US records for T engines with the exact date manufactured.
My research has only identified cast dates - dates between which the block was cast.
My engine number is C529432.
According to my research :
Previous cast date 22 Oct 1924
Next cast 12 Nov 1924
Therefore, this engine was cast around the start of November 1924.
How can i identify the exact date as others have done? Is it possible with Canadian engines?
Glenn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 10:10 am:

Glenn, re C529432. canadian records indicate the following;
Nov 30 1924 C-525808
Dec 31 1924 C-530621
these are engine dates. other dates maybe stamped on the body,floorboards,seat riser,etc.
steve- 26 cdn coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth H. Todd on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 10:58 am:

Glenn, does it not have a casting date on it?
It should be in a circle, with one letter and 2 numbers. The letter indicates the year and the numbers the day and month.
A=1923
B=1924
C=1925
D=1926
Etc.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration