Henry Won't you ride with me

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Henry Won't you ride with me
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 08:59 am:

Henry won't you please help me
As I restore this car of history
You've created A's and B's
But mine's the good old Model "T"

There are Roadsters, Hacks and Touring cars
Sedans and Coupes and all are stars
Oh Henry what did you do to me
You've got me hooked on the Model "T"

A hundred years have come and gone
But the Model "T" keeps chugging on
I pound I paint the bolts I tweak
And closer the finish with every week

I've seen them blue and even red
But mine's all black just as you said
Henry you just wait and see
I'll make you proud of this old "T"

The longer I work the more I sweat
The more engrossed in this "T" I get
There are parts I buy and parts I make
Mine's original it ain't no fake

The motor smokes the car shakes a bit
But in the driver's seat I sit
As I smile from ear to ear
I push the peddle and put the "T" in gear

Someone thought they heard me say
As I chugged along my way
Henry won't you ride with me
I rebuilt..your beautiful "T"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 10:53 am:

Great! Did you write it? If so, sign it.

Minor niggle: it's "pedal". I wouldn't mention it, but this poetry is going to be copied plenty.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 03:28 pm:

Yes I wrote it. And sorry about the spelling

Denny

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 03:48 pm:

Yes I wrote it. And sorry about the spelling

Denny

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 04:37 pm:

Denny, Very nice poem !!!!!....Michael Pawelek

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roland Palmatier -- Durham, NH on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 07:18 pm:

Hi Denny,

EXCELLENT !!

Is your last name Seth so we can give you proper credit: if not, what?

Regards, Roland

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 06:08 am:

Yes my last name is Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gulfoil on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 11:39 am:

Great job!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration