Headlight Lens Retaining Clips

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Headlight Lens Retaining Clips
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 10:09 am:

I've got a couple missing or damaged clips for the lens in the headlight rims. I didn't see where any of the vendors sell the clips. Looking for ideas that others have used to replace or repair those.
I was also curious of how the quality is of the reproduced headlight rims that the vendors sell? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 10:26 am:

One can take a clip from an old headight rim and use it. The big trick is getting the rivet peaned just right. If they are to much,they don't fit the slot in the headlamp body. This is a common fault in the repops.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 11:40 pm:

I just got a pair of repro nickel rims from Snyder's today. Although they were made in Taiwan, they look pretty darn nice and fit. Can't ask for more than that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 10:11 am:

Ken, Thanks. I was thinking about ordering those exact rims but wasn't sure of the quality.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration