Model T head

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Model T head
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Jeandrevin on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 07:30 pm:

I just saw a head with the Ford script sell on Ebay for $350.00 including shipping. Isn't that a rediclous amount of money for a head?

I happen to have an extra one exactly like it with the script. I was hoping to just get enough for it to get a used starter for my car.

Are they really worth that kind of money? If anybody has a rebuilt starter, and rebuilt generator, I would be happy to trade! lol

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 08:22 pm:

It all depends on who needs it at the time you list the item and who happens to be watching. I once listed an item on ebay, with a reserve of $300.00. The first time I listed it, the highest bid was $225.00. The second week I listed it the highest bid was $75.00. The third time I listed it, was the charm. Two people who wanted it got into a bidding war and it went for $475.00.

Ordinarily, a Ford Script head would not be worth $350.00, but if someone happens to need it, it is worth what they are willing to pay to have it. It all depends on a combination of timing and luck and that the right person happens to see the item at the right time. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 08:42 pm:

The low heads bring a lot more than the high ones, and it's getting harder all the time to find a good one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 09:43 pm:

The particular low head that sold for the high amount this weekend was very early; it did not have "Made In USA" on it. I was watching it closely, because the seller did not say that in his listing.... I hoped to get a bargain!

Did you see the set of lettered pedals Kim Dobbins sold? They went for over $400.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By johnd on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 10:11 pm:

If lettered pedals bring that much, I'd better take my set out of the al hogshead and junk the aluminum part because its missing 1/2 of one bolt hole, and the pedals are excellent, one more trip to Chickasha, and it doesn't sell its parting out time 250.00 , pedals are excellent, and its been o-ringed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 10:54 pm:

I need an aluminum hogshead with ribbed pedals for a '15. Anyone taking one to Chickasha?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim ( www.ModelTengine.com ) on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 10:33 am:

John, I have some stuff here to cast up (in place) a new "ear" in aluminum. You've probably seen the commercial where they fill in a hole in a coke can? Same stuff. Make a brass form and melt it in. Drill your hole in the right place and your done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 11:40 am:

My 1927 had a head with no Made in U.S.A. or Ford script on it. I thought it was an aftermarket for years and then learned that those items were removed sometime in 1926 for no apparent reason.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim ( www.ModelTengine.com ) on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 01:10 pm:

Maybe Ford didn't want to pay itself the royalties for the Ford Script...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration