Stromberg OF Manual available

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Stromberg OF Manual available
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 04:12 pm:

For those that are interested, there is a reprint of the Stromberg OF carb manual available on T-Bay. 280208263919

Be_Zero_Be
Not_A_Pimp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 05:48 pm:

Hi Bob,
Thanks for the tip about the OF manual.I have 2 OF carbs.One for my son's 15 speedster, which he is building and one for my none Ford, a 1917 Briscoe touring.
Yours in vintage motoring,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 07:54 pm:

This is a little off topic but I am going to ask!
I picked up a Stromberg M1 up draft at a swap meet last weekend. I am impressed with its quality. Anyone ever tried one on a T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 08:45 pm:

You're welcome Scott. I received mine and it is top notch from cover to cover. A real high quality book.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 08:49 pm:

Paul,

I adapted a M1 to my T. I could not get it to work well. I could get it to idle good and run lousy or vise-versa, but not both at the same time.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 10:10 pm:

Thanks Bob
Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce McCalley on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 03:27 pm:

A reproduction of the Stromberg OF manual is a part of my Comprehensive Encyclopedia, listed under Carburetors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 05:04 pm:

I had an MB-1 (sidedraft) on the Fronty while I was rebuilding the Winfield, and liked it, except it was too much trouble to connect the choke rod.

Don't run without an aircleaner or screen like I did, btw; the fire could get out of hand:

rdr

http://www.graybeardaviation.com/safety/fire4c03.html

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration