Repair front spring bolt hole Opinion

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Repair front spring bolt hole Opinion
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 08:47 pm:

I have repaired the front spring hole on the front cross member ... this way, the hole was too big and the spring bolt was loose on the hole ,what i did was to square the hole and make a cap to compensate the opening,. And i like the opinion of others who are more into this
to make sure its ok or if other way?
Thank You larry repair

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 09:14 pm:

You could also drill a hole in your piece,install it in the up position on top of spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By larry on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 09:57 pm:

Jack Thank you again ----great idea that way it will best hold its position
regards Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 10:01 pm:

Be sure the hole is centered so your axle will be centered.
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration