Removing Roof from Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Removing Roof from Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark C on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 10:45 pm:

Hi All,
I am thinking of removing the roof section of my Model T to just have it covering the cab section. Would this be a good idea? Does the roof section provide needed structural support. I have a picture on my profile of my T. I cant post another pic at present. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 12:24 am:

It doesn't appear to supply any structural benefit. Removing the rear roof should lighten it up too. Here's a quick mod of your profile picture to see what it might look like.

Mark's Truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 08:01 am:

Great computer modification Ken. It helps us to see how it would look were Mark to follow through with his idea.

It's just my opinion Mark, but I like it MUCH better with the roof going all the way to the rear as is shown in the photo you have posted on your profile.

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Bunner on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 12:56 pm:

Looks good without. If they are keeping you from being happy, get rid of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael amenta on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 09:08 pm:

i know one thing it sure looks cool that way. i posted a couple pics of my 22 under the heading painting. one pic as it was sold and the other with the roof off and i just thought it looked tough that way. and on mine when the roof was removed there didnt seem to be any change insofar as the structer becoming unsound

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark C on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 02:28 am:

Thanks all for your posts. I am thinking of removing it because I have found termites in the wood and am tring to decide weather or not to replace the wood or remove it all together would save work and money. Thanks for the pic without the roof helps visualise what it will look like
Mark

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration