26 rpu seat

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: 26 rpu seat
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bowling on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 09:14 am:

I`m piecing together a 26 rpu. I have new seat springs and am waiting on upholstery. Does anything go between the spring and seat riser? It sseems there should be wood or something as the spring is not stiff enough to support 2 people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By johnd on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 09:28 am:

I put a pc of 1/2 in plywood, and paint it body color, leave a finger hole to get it out to put fuel in, and install springs on top of it, I weigh about 270 now, used to be lots heavier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 09:31 am:

The seat spring was actually attached to a wood frame. I have a seat that I can take pictures of this weekend if you can wait

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike bowling on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 11:55 am:

I`m in no hurry.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration