1911 steering column questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: 1911 steering column questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan DiTullio on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 02:34 pm:

I need a steering column for my 1911 touring. How long was the 1911 style column used? I believe that the column that I am looking for should have countersunk mounting holes for oval head screws verses square holes for carriage bolts. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 03:11 pm:

Dan,

I think it was only used for the one model year, from maybe October 1910 through around the end of December 1911. The one you need has four equal spaced holes. Here's a picture - ignore the hardware on my car's steering column holding the column to the firewall because it is wrong.

column

quadrant

quad

wheel

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration