Sealing up this 4 cyl. sieve !!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Sealing up this 4 cyl. sieve !!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Byron on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 01:28 am:

Building up a Jern overhead for my '26 Touring, and would really like to seal it up good, especially the pan. I remember reading somewhere about a 'composite' washer that had a O-ring attached to the I.D. that would deform and seal upon tightening. Is this just a pipe dream of mine, or is there such an critter. I didn't have any success with McMaster Carr, but maybe I didn't know what to call it. I'm interested in other solutions to this problem, as I'm sure there are several out there in "T" land....Thanks.......Byron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Spainhower on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 02:21 am:

If you mean the inspection pan bolts, here's the item. The generic term is "self-sealing fasteners", and there's quite a selection out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 03:45 am:

Byron; Mcmaster.com. Sealing washers, Buna-N washers. Right hand column, "Nuts and screws, 5/16 for the inspection pan, 3/8 for counter-shaft on the Warford. # 9378A030 and 9378A031.

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration