1913 door latches

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: 1913 door latches
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 10:48 am:

I noticed that my 1913 touring the door latch handles have traces of what appears to be brass plating on them. Has anyone else noticed this on their 1913? Not sure if it shows up well in the picture, it appears to be mostly worn off.

latch knob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 01:26 pm:

No evidence of this on my 1913 touring. All 3 latches have black paint on them. Most if the original brass plating on surviving early unrestored T's is gone. It did not survive time well. Sometimes you can see it down in the corners of parts that were plated or on early speedometer parts where the plating was protected.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration