Forum 2005

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Forum 2005
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady Puryear on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 09:16 am:

I am sure by now most of those who are interested are aware of the problems on the MTFCI Forum. Once again it has "crashed", and all the valuable information contained therein seems to have been lost. I am a long time Member of both Clubs, and my morning ritual, along with my first two cups of coffee, is to read both Forums, cover to cover. I had always intended to "save" the information on a daily basis, especially since the other "crash", but being a lot older and not any wiser, I never did it, not through any lack of desire, just ignorance on my part as to how to go about it, now, it seems to be all gone. The reason for this ramble is that some of you folks have the knowledge and capabilities to back this Forum up. I would be one of the first to purchase a copy of a DVD or whatever would be used, there is a lot of stuff out there, and when it is gone, it is gone. The only way I can contribute is with a little seed money, like I said, I am not that skilled in computers and etc., but I would hope that someone out there will take this to heart and get this done ASAP, if it is possible. Just my .02 cents.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gord Koll on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 09:41 am:

Grady,
Don't get too down. Mark W. was able to save all the forum info and will figure out a way to get to anyone who wants it. The MTFCI forum is up and running again but in a slightly different format. Mark is doing a great job working with the antiquated previous forum and will get everything up to speed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By johnd on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 10:30 am:

Grady- Mark just emailed go to www.modelt.org/cgi-bin/discuss/discus. pl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 10:49 am:

Johnd; Just went there, page cannot be found.

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 10:58 am:

Go in via the MTFCI homepage, click on Forum, that works

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Jeandrevin on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 11:23 am:

www.modelt.org/cgi-bin/discuss/discus.pl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Jeandrevin on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 11:24 am:

Well, I thought I fixed the link, but failed too! lol
Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By johnd on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 11:31 am:

I just went there also, CAN"T get there from here. www.modelt..org/cgi-bin/discus/discus.pl is what he sent me, looked at it again, still can't get to it. Thank GOD MTFCA is working. Hope to see a lot of you fellows in Chickasha next week

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 11:43 am:

http://www.modelt.org/discus/messages/2/99.html?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 11:44 am:

Here's the correct link:
http://www.modelt.org/cgi-bin/discus/discus.pl

Tim's link above is misspelled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DaGunny on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 09:38 am:

Grady - rest assured that this forum is backed up in a couple of places. Bruce does a backup as do I. I have a copy of the other site and am working with Mark Williams to recreate it in another place. To put the other site on a CD is a major work because all pages are dynamically generated and you cannot just copy to a CD. I'll talk with Bruce and maybe something could be done to put on a CD.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady Puryear on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 10:31 am:

DaGunny, thanks for the encouraging words, they say nothing can ever be totally erased from a computer, like Will Rogers, they never met a Model T Forum. Hope it can be done, I would like to purchase a copy if and when - Grady

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration