You mean I can crank start on battery?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: You mean I can crank start on battery?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob poane on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 07:37 pm:

My magneto is not hooked up b/c of the true fire. Can I hand crank and start the car on battery even with a true fire? I was under the impression that cranking was only for mags.

Thank you, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 07:45 pm:

Huh?? The battery is the easiest way to hand crank a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 08:50 pm:

Bob
You should be able to hand crank a Model T regardless of the type of ignition system you are using.
Ray
Easiest?
My Model T will start on magneto or battery equally easy. It depends if all the original parts are working as originally designed.
If you carefully watch knowledgable early Model T users you will notice they depart the car leaving the switch in the magneto position. When they return they can give the hand crank handle a quick jerk and the car is running and ready to get into.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Stanzione on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 08:52 pm:

Bob,

Yes, you can hand crank the car with a True Fire. Follow the same procedure you do with coils. I even get frequent free starts with my True Fire cars.

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 09:54 pm:

you're right Ron. I spoke with the 80-year-old magneto mindset. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration