Speedster Seat Ideas

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Speedster Seat Ideas
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Speedster26 on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 09:49 pm:

I'm in the beginning stages of gathering info to build a 26 Speedster. I see various types of seats. The big difference I see are off set passenger and side by side passenger. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each ? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By speed-o on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 10:33 pm:

With the offset seats, your car body can be built more narrow several inches because you don't need the extra shoulder room for seating side by side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Jorgensen on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 10:49 pm:

Offset seats are nice for the "mechanic". The "mechanic" will enjoy not being elbowed by the driver when they are turning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Koontz on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 03:28 pm:

Thanks for the replies. I had not thought about the elbow room needed. That makes sense. I think that helped make the decision. At this time I'm planning an open body style. The elbow room will be an advantage to keep my mechanic ( wife ) from getting bumped when reading tour directions.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration