Batteries

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Batteries
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 12:10 am:

Hi there, in the 1915 touring I bought it has a 12 volt flash light battery under the hood. Is this the same type to start the car on battery. I do see the head lights wired to this battery but I'm a bit confussed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By EDWARD R LEVY on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 02:08 am:

I can't imagine a 12 volt flashlight battery would burn the headlights for a very long time or power the coils very well until the engine starts & you switch to the Magneto. There are lots of options including a 12 volt gell cell or small 12 volt battery such as on a motorcycle or a 12 volt lantern battery. I assume that the 15 came originally with only a servicable hand crank which will do if the mag is strong & the outside temp is not freezing I hope this helps
Edward R. Levy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 11:41 am:

Edward it is a lantern battery, sorry, so that would be enoughto start the car asuming the battery has a full charge right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 05:54 pm:

Leo:

If the lantern battery is near new it has ample power to power your coil box to start your T on Battery assuming only that your coils are in reasonable adjustment.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration