Calcium Carbide

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Calcium Carbide
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 09:32 am:

How do you dispose of the powdered ash left after burning the calcium carbide. This powder residue can be dumped from the bottom of the cannister.
My question is related to the environment and safety. Do I dump the ash in the garden, down the sink, or throw it in the garbage etc. Is this ash environmentally friendly. What chemical is this ash called
Thanks
Garry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 05:26 pm:

Garry it would be a calcium salt and for the piddly amount you're talking about hardly worth worring about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wilf bradbury on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 05:47 pm:

Garry
Did you find some calcium carbide?
Wilf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 09:04 pm:

I would think it would make good fertilizer.

Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 10:13 am:

Wilf
The following company sells the miners grade carbide for carbide lamps. The minimum order is for 5 cans at 2 pounds each for $72.00 including shipping. They do not ship outside USA
Karst Sports
PO Box 555
Shinnston, West Virginia 26431
They do have a website if you google
They get the product from HQ Company in Colorada who also have a website
Garry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wilf bradbury on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 01:29 pm:

Gary
Would you be interested in splitting an order?
Give me a call if u like and we can chat.(905)853 1073
Wilf

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration